Monday, January 26, 2009

Purity...

I have a huge passion for purity.

As a Christ follower it is my aim to live a sexually pure life and save sex for marriage. Sex is most fulfilling if saved for the commitment of marriage. That's how it was made. Sadly, in this day and age marriage itself doesn't mean as much as it used to. There are so many divorces and the whole issue of homosexuality. But when it comes down to it....marriage is between a man and a woman who were made to complete each other and to connect in such an intimate way that is supposed to last forever through thick and thin no matter what, come what may. It's beautiful. AND if you're convincing yourself into thinking that you'll be able to ride the fence as close as possible and not eventually give in...be real with yourself. I've seen too many friends give in that way. If you're aim is to be pure...don't put yourself in tempting situations...because everyone is human...we weren't made to withstand that kind of temptation...so be smart and real with yourself.

This is kind of a touchy subject but it's on my heart because, though most people don't agree with me...I know there are those few that do and I think they should know that they're not alone in their principles.

Even if you've made a few mistakes....it's never too late to put your foot down and start out fresh. When you want to make a change, be honest with yourself, get support, make some changes that will take you out of tempting situations, don't be afraid to make some drastic sudden changes, acknowledge you can't do it alone and ask for God's help. You'll be blessed for it. Sex is so much more beautiful and fulfilling inside of marriage (I know because I have seen the effects of it in the lives of others who waited)...God knows what He's talking about having us wait...after all...He created sex. :)


1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 7:1-3
18
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.[c] 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate what you have written. Too many young people are compromising today. :( I have made a commitment to remain a virgin until I am married too. You don't know me. But I have talked to your mom some via Internet. I live about an hour away from Mars Hill.

    ReplyDelete