Happy New Year!!
My friends and I had a craft party at my house for new years eve. We bought plain white shoes and decorated them and we made "resolution boards".
We also spent a big part of the night playing with a slinky...ha...I am forever amazed at how being a kid never gets old. No one ever really wants to stop playing with toys and grow up...I'm convinced that "growing up" is just a societal thing. If more people would just break down, forget about trying to be cool, and rediscover the things that they once enjoyed when they were a child...the world would be a much happier place.
I love how I always manage to find ways of having so much fun while being totally sober.
Here's a tip for the new year...buy a small 7" X 5" notebook. Use it for making lists...currently I have many running lists. Lists of people to reconnect with, to do lists, new years resolution list, lists of music to check out, lists of things to eventually blog about. Some other interesting list ideas are...list of traits you want to find in a mate. This really helps to keep you from lowering your standards and settling for less than you deserve. Also make a list of the kind of person you want to be. Then you can take steps forward to becoming that person.
Having a notebook for lists really does enhance my life (weird, I know)...it really helps to keep me motivated and organized. Also I'll use the same notebook for random notes, thoughts, poems, quotes, or doodles. Plus when you finish the notebook you can look back and read all the interesting things you wrote down.
Here's a list of some of my new years resolutions:
1. Get in the habit of doing a morning routine of spending time with God, eating breakfast, reading the news, and exercising
2. Read more!! and stick with books once I start them!
3. Be a leader...I'm always so passive.
4. Speak out...I always find myself keeping quiet about my believes and convictions...no more!
5. Stand up straight (I would really like to improve my posture)
6. Become a better listener and improve my memory
7. Reconnect with old friends...invest more in current ones
8. Improve my music tastes (any suggestions on bands I should try out?)
9. Live life on purpose!! Don't just drift through life.
Also here is a picture of my resolution board...it's very symbolic ...and I love to play with words!
Here are the shoes I made....yay for splattered paint!
I hope you got some fun ideas for some ways to at a little positivity to your life...crafts, rediscovering the things you loved when you were young, making lists, doodling, and I really encourage you to make a resolution board..perhaps this visible resolution list will serve as a constant reminder through out the year as I see it on my wall.