Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 7


Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item

My t-shirt quilt and matching pillow. I made them one summer while I was in college. I set out to do it one day, took on the huge project, and got it done in a very short amount of time. I don't like being tied down by instructions that tend to stifled my creativity so I didn't sew it the normal quilt way or look up instructions, I just figured it all out by myself and sewed it all together in my own way. I love this quilt because I was so passionate about the idea and I enjoyed the process of making it so much. It's like a picture of who I am, because most of my interests, views, beliefs, and basically... my life are represented in it through t-shirts. It's a constant reminder of how blessed I am. Each piece of the quilt has a story attached to it in some way. One day if I do get married, I think it would be cool to sit down with my future husband and tell him the stories behind all of the shirts...if he'd listen. If our house were on fire I'd make sure to grab my quilt before I ran out the door!...and also all of my many journals and diaries through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment