Saturday, April 30, 2011

Passion Meets Purpose.

I went to the Orange conference on children's ministry/student ministry. While there I had the opportunity to meet a Disney executive who is a strong christian. Random? No. Divine. :) God is good. It was extremely encouraging! He shared with me about a Disney animator who is using his passion and talent for Christ at Disney. I found this video on youtube of the animator talking about his work. Check out this video of Glen Keane. He animated the Beast, Ariel, and Rapunzel. So cool. I LOVE how he doesn't feel like he has to be a pastor in order to be a Christian influence in the world. Here is an article about Glen's work. Instead he is using his passion (animation) while fulfilling his purpose (to glorify God). I think that is EXACTLY what God intended us to do with our passions. Louie Giglio did a sermon relating to that at Passion 2006 called Passion, Purpose, and Designer Jeans. Check it out on iTunes for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment