Friday, November 4, 2011

My Journey

My Journey

On May 9th of 2009, I graduated from Mars Hill College.

From August 12, 2009 - August 12th, 2010, I participated in the Disney College Program at Disney World and Disneyland. I had the time of my life! A passion was totally ignited within me for guest service and making magic.

Though I worked at the two happiest places on earth, I was lacking a sense of fulfillment. I was happy, but my deep inner joy and purpose was missing. I had taken God off the throne in my life and started living for me. My goal in life was to do whatever I thought best for me, in order to have the most exciting, epic life possible. The problem with that was that it was MY plan and I had left any plan God had for my life far behind me.

On August 15, 2010, at the end of my year with Disney, God called me home to Dublin, Georgia. I knew there was a void in my life and God gave me the strength to put Disney on the back burner so He could fix me. He knew I needed an overhaul, to get my priorities straight, before I could get back on HIS plan for my life.

On January 1st-4th at Passion 2011, through the power of the Holy Spirit and God's word spoken through various Christian leaders, God totally turned my life around, refocused me, and showed me that my whole purpose in life is to glorify Him. He took my confusion, bitterness, and void and threw it out and gave me a fresh start and a new perspective.

On February 25, 2011, while watching the fireworks from the Polynesian resort at Disney in Florida, God put a calling in my heart to return to Disney, pursue my passion for guest service, and be a light for Jesus there.

On February 28, 2011, I found a fb group for a ministry called the CP Apartment that is a group of Disney College Program Alumni who's, "mission and goal is to permanently infuse a christian and evangelical presence in the Disney community." News of this ministry and following their Facebook account all year has been such a great encouragement to me and kept me enthusiastic about what God is going to do and is doing even now.

Ever since then God has had me on a journey of discovering His purpose for my life and how He intends to use my passions for His glory. All year God has provided me with a very steady, full time work through baby sitting, nannying, child care, chauffeuring, dog sitting, and now an out of the blue job at Vision Savers. None of which have I applied for or sought out! They have all just fallen in my lap. ...Yea...I know. Cool!! I've literally worked a whole year of odd jobs. It's been a great ride and allowed me the flexible schedule and free time to pursue God.

God has given me the dedication to work hard all year to save for an eventual move to Florida, to pursue this calling. The plan: save money, find, apply, and get a job at Disney, move to Orlando. I felt as though I should give myself a whole year to save a significant amount of money, enjoy the freedom of non-disney life, spend time with my parents, and prepare myself spiritually by seeking God like never before.

Well folks, the year is almost up and my time to apply for jobs that start in January is fast approaching. I have found myself getting nervous.

Nervous? But that's ridiculous! Have I somehow diluted myself all year into thinking that I have been in control of this first part of the plan, making the money? Because, in reality it was God alone who provided me with those jobs, it was nothing I did on my own. He did it all. So why then should I even question or worry about Him providing the job and making the move to Orlando possible!? I shouldn't! I absolutely shouldn't worry. As 1 Thessalonians 5:24 says, "Faithful is he that calls you, who also will do it."

So why worry?! God has proven Himself faithful on my behalf time and time again! I was lost and He found me when no one else was looking and He turned my life around for His glory. The best is yet to come!

One of the reasons I fell away when I worked at Disney before was the crazy schedules that led to lack of church or christian community. I have been praying for quite some time now that God would either eventually provide me with a husband who can help keep me accountable and on track with God as I venture out on my own or that He would provide me with a community of Christians in Orlando that can be my support.

On October 30th, I found out that a church that I had been following on Facebook and hoping to attend whenever I relocate to Orlando, is actually opening a campus on Disney property in early 2012 that's sole purpose is to cater to the needs and schedules of Disney cast members and equip them to be a light at Disney. Wow. God answers prayer!!

So why should I ever worry!? God is faithful. :) Thanks for reading and following my journey. Please pray for open doors and favor at Disney as I apply in December.

1 comment: